Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I have a trucking company that one of my employees had an…

Customer Question
I have a trucking company...
I have a trucking company that one of my employees had an accident about two years ago or so. There were two people in the car and both parties are suing me. I turned the paper work in and the attorneys actually had a deposition with one of the parties. Last year I was issued a letter from there attorneys stating that i never responded to the suit and asked for immediate grant for the lawsuit. I turned this back in to the attorneys and about a month later I received a letter from the insurance company saying they never received it and called it a reservation of rights. How can they do this when both parties are suing , i turned the paperwork in and they had a deposition with one of the parties. How can they say they didn't know about it?The insurance company is saying they hired me an attorney but are not responsible for any rewards in this case. Is there a certain time that my so called lawyer was suppose to respond to there letter? Or is there something else i need to do.As of right now the paperwork is sitting at the federal department waiting on an answer. Even if they settle it sounds like I would be responsible for the lawsuit. I paid my insurance and turned the paperwork in. This should be illegal. Please help
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
11/21/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: legalg, Attorney replied 5 months ago
legalg
legalg, Attorney

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

So to be clear the insurance company is saying the policy holder never responded to inquiries from the insurance company's attorney (the lawyer retained by the insurance company to represent the policy holder)?

the insurance is saying I never turned the original paperwork in. I've had six other incidents that were all turned in the same way. I go to there location, talk to one of there reps and they say the will file required documents and I walk out. Keep in mind the person suing me has attorney represents both clients.
the insurance company hired an attorney for me but I think that's a smoke screen to get them out this suit.

If the attorney was hired to represented the insured that attorney would have a professional duty to keep the client informed of the status of the case; if the case had a default judgment entered or other negative result due to the failure of the attorney to keep the client adequately informed that can give rise to a malpractice suit; not to mention a complaint with the state bar

relevant rules of conduct:

https://www.gabar.org/barrules/handbookdetail.cfm?what=rule&id=54

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Personal Injury Lawyer: legalg, Attorney replied 4 months ago

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here:

legalg
legalg
legalg, Attorney