Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I sued multiple defendants for an injury and was awarded…

Customer Question
I sued multiple defendants for...
I sued multiple defendants for an injury and was awarded damages (prose). The defendants attorneys wanted me to sign a tax form that was useless (since I was not their employee and accountability for payment not my concern), was not taxable and an invasion of privacy. I submitted multiple material PROVING each point (even got help from a doctor who formerly worked for IRS). Judge denied material and I said I was required to sign it. (I offered to sign it if information was restricted. I was ignored). Judge dismissed my case WITH prejudice, Anything I can do to get the award released? I think this is inappropriate and not fair.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
11/20/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 5 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

You can file motion for rehearing here and appeal the matter if rehearing is denied.

Reference

http://www.jdbar.com/Articles/Appeal-Introduction/appeal-introduction.html

You need to file this quickly as your remedies are time limited.

Step by step to file appeal

http://www.nycourts.gov/courts/ad4/clerk/forms/perf-appeal.pdf

Thanks and thanks for rating 5 stars.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney