Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I had low back surgery on August 29,2016. The anesthesics…

Customer Question
I had low back...

I had low back surgery on August 29,2016. The anesthesics came to door of preopt room and ask nurse if I was allergic to some medicine, when the nurse started to the door, I raised up and said "My allergies are on my chart, u need to check my chart." I have never had an issue coming out of an anesthesic. I did not come out of the anesthesic and I have had many surgeries. I don't remember anything other than my middle finger was throbbing. It wasswollen around my Nail and my nail was black and blue. I was out of it all the way home. I held ny finger because it was throbbing so bad that I could feel my heart beat. It hurt for over 2 weeks. I went toget my nails done and Dean said he could not trim my nail because it was cracked all the way across my finger. no one knew what happened to my nail. Now, do I have a malpractice case? What is the statue of limitation 18 months?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No, I tried to call lawyers but no one answered their phone, and then I had foot surgery amd couldn't drive

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this a negelience malpractice?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
11/18/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Attorney replied 5 months ago
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

You need to order your surgery records. They will state what kind of anesthetic was used. If an anesthetic was used that you were allergic to, and if proper review of your medical history would have revealed that allergic reaction, then you have a case. You will still need to connect the specific injury you suffered to the allergic reaction, otherwise you cannot attribute damages to the negligence. But assuming you can do all this, you should have a malpractice case, yes. Again, the first step is to get your surgery records and see what they say about the anesthetic used.

I hope that you find this information helpful. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

* Disclaimer *

Just Answer is a venue for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is formed by these communications.

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney