Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I am in a class action medical mesh lawsuit. They just

I am in a class...
I am in a class action medical mesh lawsuit. They just offered a settlement of 8000 less attorney fees. I don’t think this is enough at all. How much are attorney fees usually? Are they negotiable? If I don’t agree to settle what happens? If I settle and have to get it removed will my insurance pay for it or will I have to since i received the settlement?
11/18/2017
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney

Depending on the case and your state, the attorneys fees are usually 33% of the recovery. However, a contingency fee is always negotiable and it should have been stated in your contract with your attorney.

NO, you don't have to accept the offer, and you can continue to negotiate a better settlement or you can pursue a lawsuit.

In either case, you shoudl have it removed. Undoubtedly, your own health insurance will pay for the removal and that will have no effect on how much you get as a final settlement or court award.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney