Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I was involved in a vehicle accident in June 2017. The

Customer Question
I was involved in...

I was involved in a vehicle accident in June 2017. The insurance that is paying my medical bills offered my a lump sum of 7900. To settle . Currently they pay me 600. Dollars a week and all therapy and doctors visits. I have been going for therapy for 4monts now and I had an MRI done and I have two bulging discs. They said if I don't settle there next step will be to send me to a third party doctor to reevaluate me to see if the injuries are in fact from the accident. How much money would be a reasonable amount to settle for. My weekly income was 3500 a week before the accident but the my insurance poly pays the maximum of 600. A week. The insurance company that I'm dealing with is an occupational injury policy (private policy)

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

What do you mean filed, with who?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
11/18/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Seattle Scott, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Seattle Scott
Seattle Scott, Attorney

I take it this is your own insurance, correct? Did another car cause the accident? If so, was the other driver insured?

What are the policy limits on your insurance? Was this a situation were you were "on the job" when injured so you are receiving self insured workers compensation benefits?

On the other hand, were you "on the job" when you were injured and your employer was self insured for worker's compensation benefits?