Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I had an accident .it was a manhole left open on the road by…

Customer Question
Hello.I had an accident...

Hello.I had an accident .it was a manhole left open on the road by SA water.i went to the hospital and all the xrays showed am okay.i sustained minor headache and muscle pains.SA water came to my house and offered to pay me my car .i was just wondering what are my chances if i choose to involve a lawyer?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

SA.its mazda(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes i have a police report

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

They offered to pay me 3200 dollars for my car today .when they came to my house they asked me the value of the car i had bought it for 3k

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
11/17/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: JD 1992, Attorney replied 5 months ago
JD 1992
JD 1992, Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

The lawyer will almost certainly be able to get you some amount for your pain and suffering although normally that amount is based on how much you pay for medical treatment and how many times you see one. The price on your car seems to be fair enough, since you're making a $200 profit, just based on what you have mentioned. It isn't unusual for the offer on the car to be fore less than you paid for it and many times less than you even owe on it if you have it financed.

Lawyers that do this kind of work charge a % of what they recover so they don't get paid unless you do, plus dealing with the other side can take a lot of time for someone if they have never done it before.

If you decide you don't want to hire a lawyer then you should buy a book that explains how to settle your own case, like the ebook at http://www.lessonsinlaw.com/the-guerrilla-guides-to-the-law/guerrilla-guide-to-settling-your-car-wreck-case/

That books is both inexpensive and easy to use and explains how the adjusters decide what to offer, what you can do to get them to offer more, etc. It is also pretty inexpensive and downloads to your computer in a PDF format so you can cut and paste some of the forms in there if you need to use them.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

JD 1992
JD 1992
JD 1992, Attorney