Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I have physical therpay office in state of PA, i often have…

Customer Question
I have physical therpay...

I have physical therpay office in state of PA , i often have cases where the lawyer sign LOP but when the case settle they try to negotiate and puts very little money for us , I would like to know following what is state law in PA where providers need to settler for certain percentage and d

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

PA Also is there set fee sechdule we need to follow in state of PA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

Do not understand your question

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

One more thing , how do i set ir-reveocable LOP

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
11/14/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

There actually IS NO LAW mandating providers have to settle for less than is due. This is also why many providers refuse to see any patients under these conditions where they are represented by counsel and counsel wants to provide a LOP. Many patients complain about it, but we explain to them it is because the providers often lose on payments.

There is no set fee schedule you need to follow, you need to be at least around the insurance company reasonable and customary charges but no law sets that.

Actually, what you need to put in your LOP is that it gives you a right to a lien on any proceeds from the suit that shall not be subject to reduction or negotiation and that any breach of the LOP will entitle you to collect not only the full amount of the bill, but costs and attorney's fees incurred in proceeding to foreclose on the lien to collect the suit.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

This got cutoff in my orgianal questions
3) how much fee can we charge for medical records , they(law office) often come back and say max $27.29, however this for social security case is my understanding in state of PA , so how much can i charge for medical records
4) Also what language in LOP can make this irrevocable LOP, do u have any specific examples

Thank you for your reply.

3) Here are the fees in PA for medical record copying: https://www.pabulletin.com/secure/data/vol46/46-49/2082.html

$27.92 is the flat fee under Social Security or Medicare/Medicaid, but you are correct it is not for other types of cases and they are bullying you.

4) The LOP would be irrevocable when written including the language I put above AND stating that the LOP cannot be changed or modified.