Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

If I ask a hospital to compensate me because one of their…

If I ask a...

If I ask a hospital to compensate me because one of their technicians molested me, how much is the average compensation?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes reported and I talked by phone to hospital rep.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Any suggestions

10/20/2017

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

There is no such thing as "average compensation." It depends on the extent of the alleged molestation and any injury suffered as a result of the molestation. Also, it depends on the evidence you can show the hospital regarding this molestation.

You cannot even try to put a number on it unless you can establish the severity of the injury (emotional and physical) that you suffered as a result of the alleged molestation.

If there was no injury and no severe emotional distress, generally these cases are called nuisance settlements and hospitals will not pay anymore than between $200 and $1500.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.