Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

Can my doctor refuse and make jokes that my son didnt have

cancer and when i finally...
Can my doctor refuse and make jokes that my son didnt have cancer and when i finally took him to a different doctor, they ran the test and je did have cancee?
10/14/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I need more information.

Also, I do not understand your question.

Kindly clarify.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
If a child is having difficulties for almost a month with an issue and its getting worse. Can the dictor refuse the family request for blood work or xrays. Also when the family states they are worried that it might be cancer the doctor refuses and makes a jome ststing " its not a tumor ". But when i took him to a hospital the next day he was admitted and they found out it was cancer.
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney

In a situation such as this, you may have a case for medical malpractice because the doctor failed to meet the standard of care. As a first step, you should request from the doctor copies of the medical notes that he took during the appointment and exam. The doctor should have written down what he observed and his rationale for not making appropriate tests such as the blood test that you requested.

Once you get those notes, you should bring them to a personal injury attorney. If the doctor failed to meet the "standard of care," which probably would have required him to order blood tests etc. you will have a strong case against the doctor.

But first you need to get the medical notes, which the doctor is required to provide to you, so that you can prove up the doctor's errors.

Please rate 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Please rate 4 or 5 stars and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.

Thanks.

WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney