Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Elderly woman asked for coffee. Flight attendant handed her…

Customer Question
Elderly woman asked for coffee...
Elderly woman asked for coffee. Flight attendant handed her a cup of coffee & as she attempted to unlatch the tray there was sudden movement causing the hot coffee to spill on her lap causing severe burns to her crotch area, including her vagina. Is the airline & it's attendant negligent for failure to place a safety lid on the cup? She boarded flight in San Antonio & was burned in route to Atlanta.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/13/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney

Hi Joseph,

Yes, I think you could certainly make the argument that this is negligence. Safety lids would have been an easy way to prevent the accident. Serving beverages at non-scolding temperatures would be another way.

I hope this helps.