Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

Trucking company went to a Ryder rental company & rented a…

Trucking company went to a...
Trucking company went to a Ryder rental company & rented a truck. The trucking company's driver while on the freeway hit the vehicle in front of him when that vehicle had to slow down. Driver of car has a cause of action against the trucking company & it's driver but what about the rental company are they also liable?
10/13/2017
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney

Good evening and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Ordinarily, no, the rental company would not be liable. If rental companies were liable for accidents in their vehicles merely by virtue of the fact they are the owners, there would probably be no rental industry due to the cost of insurance. The liable parties are the driver and the trucking company, which should have more than enough insurance to cover any damages anyway.

I hope this answers your question.

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney