Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

There was a woman named Dayhana Rozon who's been causing…

Customer Question
There was a young woman...
There was a young woman named Dayhana Rozon who's been causing swirls around me with her jealousy and has decided upon herself to use slut shaming antics to get other youths in my community to do the same. This all started with a video she posted on youtube. She did not say my name directly, but told her fans where to find me on twitter.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
10/2/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: legalg, Attorney replied 8 months ago
legalg
legalg, Attorney
I am sorry to hear this, what is your question please?
I need to know is there a way for me to issue a removal of offensive content that she's probably monetizing on youtube?

My new number is **************

I apologize for the delay; the system would not allow me to access the question to post a reply.

Essentially the petitioner would first send a cease and desist, requesting the other party to remove the offensive video. If they do not comply one can file suit for defamation, which can include damages, along with an injunction (court order) to remove the video. If the person does not comply the court can issue a contempt citation which can include the award of attorney fees, and daily fines for noncompliance.

Defamation is explained below.

Slander and Libel are forms of defamation (slander is oral, libel is written).
Basically a defendant can be liable for defamation if the defendant
1. publishes a statement
2. to a third party
3. that puts plaintiff in a false light
and
4. plaintiff suffers harm as a result of the false statement.
There is defamation per se-meaning that malice and damages generally need not be proven, as the statement is so hurtful/derogatory they are assumed to be damaging.
These involve statements that address:
1. chastity (so sexual misconduct)
2. criminal misconduct
3. indiciating a person had a loathsome or contagious disease
or
4. conduct that is inconsistent with one's profession or business.

The courts do allow for opinions to be expressed in most circumstances but it must clearly be an opinion as opposed to a fact/statement.

The company may also assist in its removal-please see:

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2801895?hl=en

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: