Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My husband recently passed after getting injection in right…

Customer Question
My husband recently passed...

My husband recently passed after getting injection in right great toe, he died from sepsis. They had to amputate the foot before he passed. He was the sole provider and just turned 55.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?

Oregon. I have request all records. His FNP spent seem to want to give them to me. I spoke with him today and he tried to tell me that he told my husband two days prior to being life flighted out that he had an infection. If that was true my husband would have listened and if not he could have called me. Medical peopl e take an oath to do no harm. I believe he killed him. Alkso cortisone had a recall did he give him bad cortisone

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

No every lawyer I talk too wants me to get all records they make it sound very difficult to prove, he also had my husband on hydrocodone 6 a day for 10 years for no apparent reason

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
9/29/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

What is your question for us about this issue?

Do I have a case? My husband was active, the heart of our family. 2 weeks after receiving the injection he went back to the same FNP becuase foot was swollen turning purple and very painful, he gave him a shot if tordal and sent him home.

Thank you for your reply.

In order to know if you have a case, you require an autopsy report that states this injection was the cause of death or that the lack attention was from the doctor and that the doctor's conduct was below the reasonable standard of care in failing to treat him faster and get him to a hospital quicker and had the doctor done so your husban would not have died.

So before you can know the strength of your case, you must have an independent doctor review the conduct and the medical records to write a report stating how the doctor was acting below the reasonable standard of care and specifically what that reasonable standard of care was and how it caused your husband's death. Without a doctor being able to testify and also write a notarized affidavit an attorney cannot even file a suit in court.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney