Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I'm looking for a personal injury Attorney or a Medical

Customer Question
I'm looking for a...

I'm looking for a personal injury Attorney or a Medical Malpractice Attorney. I was talked into getting tested for my penicillin allergy from when I was a child by my allergy Doctor that I have been seeing for three years. After 4 hours I was told I had no reaction to the injections and amoxicillin tablet and was told I don't have an allergy to penicillin. Between 24 and 48 hours I went into Anaphylactic shock and was life supported to Redding California and almost died three times.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

Yes, I have all my paperwork even with the receiving hospital saying it was caused from the Allergy testing No, because everyone in our area don't want to touch my case

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do to this happening I was in and out of three different hospitals two of them twice. All of my Doctors had said this was caused by the Allergy testing.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
9/29/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 10 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the doctor who tested you acted below the reasonable standard of care in testing you, meaning under the law you must have a medical expert willing to testify NOT ONLY did the penicillin cause the reaction you had, BUT the doctor's testing and monitoring you after the test was not within the reasonable standard of care. So you must prove BOTH elements to win a malpractice case, not just one of them.

So before you file your malpractice case, you would need a doctor willing to testify that not only did the allergy test cause your reaction, but that the doctor who conducted that test was acting below the reasonable standards in how the testing was conducted.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.