Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I need to find out if anything can be done about a sutation…

Customer Question
Hi I need to...

Hi I need to find out if anything can be done about a sutation that I believe has been extremely wrong and caused me great unnessary harm

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Kansas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I just found out how completely neglegent they have been a few days ago

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had bi-lateral knee replacements done on 7/8/2013 I was doing well released and sent home on August 31. 2013 I was never told a possible side effect of having bi-lateral surgery done was the possibility of such a thing happening. 3 hours after release from the hospital my left femur snapped at the knee replacement I was taken to hospital by ambulance had emergency surgery to repair fracture and re secure the knee replacement appliance. I was put in a nursing home until Dec. 20th, 2013 at which time I was released home. Since being released home I have been on MASSIVE amounts of pain medication to control unbearable pain 24/7 I have had to see my doctor at least 6 times a year to have pain medication refilled and or evaluated. I constantly complained of the debilitating pain I was in. Due to the surgery’s I was left 1 in shorter on one side and no one informed me of this due to this issue and the fact that the break never healed I have had several falls resulting in ambulance rides to the hospital where I had my surgery’s done where they took x-rays of my knees and sent me home as if nothing was wrong. I overheard a physical therapist telling another therapist notes on x-ray say never healed. I thought this meant muscle damage soft tissue injury or something that had not healed but I never imagined I had been left to try to walk and recover on a broken leg. After hearing, something had not healed I made an appointment with Orthopedics when I went in to see a new doctor he asked me if I was ready for a MASSIVE surgery to repair my leg. I have been nearly bedridden for 4 years post femoral repair I have been in constant unbearable pain even with 150mcg/hr of Fentanyl and anywhere from 3 to 5 20 MG of Oxycodone. I have missed out on several years of my young son’s school activities and life in general and there was no reason this should not have been found out and fixed 3 years. Now I must start all over PLEASE help me hold these people responsible for the cruel and neglectful way they have handled my care for over 3 and 1/2 years since being released from care.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
9/25/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney

I am so sorry to hear this. It does look some malpractice occurred. I did some research however, and the statute of limitations to bring a medical malpractice or negligence claim in Kansas is 2 years from the date of the malpractice event.

This year alone 2 trips to the er and X-rays taken discharged as if nothing was wrong

What I might suggest then is contacting a local medical malpractice attorney in your area. They usually have consultant medical experts who can look at your medical files to determine if there has been any ongoing malpractice to preserve your claim.

I hAve not found one in my area and the one out of town I called said since they didn't break it they were not responsible

He can't know without looking at the records. Contact your state bar or local bar association and ask for a referral.

How do I find one in my area
Thanks somehow I thought I would find a lawyer for 50+$ but s basic call the state bar just doesn't seem worth that much good night

I understand. I did do some research regarding the statute of limitations.

If you feel you earned the 50$ from someone who can barely feed her kids with food stamps help. Enjoy I won't ever use the service again obviously but take care
I won't be back

That is not what I meant. I hope all works out for you. I know how something like this can affect your quality of life.