Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

As a Plaintiff in pro per, I My Calif. civil malpractice…

Customer Question
As a Plaintiff in pro...
As a Plaintiff in pro per, I My Calif. civil malpractice case failed on a demurrer because the judge claims that I did not provide enough and or correct detail for the equitable tolling of my surgeries, hospitalizations, rehabilitation. I submitted doctors orders w/ signatures that detailed these periods of time but not affidavits, and authenticated medical records. Where does it legally say or not say all this is required before a demurrer?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
9/18/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 11 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The California Code of Civil Procedure lists 9 separate basis for a demurrer. What was their reason? It sounds like they were arguing statute of limitations, but that's usually Motion for Summary Judgment, not a demurrer.

Did you still need help with this?