Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

How can I file a personal injury claim in Cabo San Lucas.

Customer Question
Slipped and fell and broke...
How can I file a personal injury claim in Cabo San Lucas. Slipped and fell and broke ankle and had to charge $1200. fee. Before I left, resort assigned someone to work with me for claim to their insurance company but after several attempts by me to contact them, they are ignoring my emails. Should I just forget it and chalk it up to a lousy vacation experience? Thank you.
JA: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?
Customer: It was in Cabo San Lucas Mexico and I do have copies of medical receipts and records.
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: I gave copies to the resort: O. Gutierrez at Hacienda Encantada but not sure they filed with their insurance company.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The accident happened on January 24, 2017 and resort was given all pertinent information before I left. They contacted me one time in April 2017 to resubmit my receipts to them and I haven't heard anything since that time.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/15/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Mexico, I am sorry to tell you, is nothing like the US when it comes to personal injury cases. The law in Mexico provides that if the fall was caused through the fault of the resort's negligence, meaning the resort had to have knowledge of the defect in the property that caused your injury and failed to warn you or fix the defect, then they are liable only for your actual losses, which means medical costs. No pain and suffering is provided in Mexico under their laws.

If their insurer is not responding to you, then I am afraid you would need to get an attorney in Mexico to represent you against the resort and you can find one at the same site we attorneys use, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney