Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I was hoping to get some advice. Almost a year ago I had a…

Customer Question
Hello I was hoping to...
Hello I was hoping to get some advice. Almost a year ago I had a workplace injury involving my knee. I filed an on the job injury report with my employer. Initially I took a a little time off to rest and ice my knee and I went to my primary care doctor. After a basic emaximnation she referred me to receive try some physical therapy and I also received a few sessions of massage therapy. But my injury was only getting worse my doctor then referred me to a knee doctor. The knee doctor I was referred to conducted an MRI but when his office called my case manager to to process the claim he was immediately told that he could not provide care because my claim was pending. I was never provided with any information about the status of my claim at that point so the knee doctor submitted a petition to reopen my claim so he could at the very least evaluate the condition of my injury. Instead my case manager sent me to an independent medical exam. When I found out the the petition to reopen the claim was denied I told my doctor and he said he had never received notification of that and the he should have. I was told that I have I have 60 days to submit another petition to reopen the claim and I am just not sure why it was denied in the first place. Also after I went to the independent medical exam that my case manager sent me to I was never presented with any of the medical results.I have been struggling with my knee ever since the injury and I really just want to recieve some treatment. As a result of all this MY knee has progressively gotten worse and I would like to know what my rights are in this situation.Thank you
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
9/8/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Attorney 1, Attorney replied 9 months ago
Attorney 1
Attorney 1, Attorney

Hello, and welcome. I am a licensed attorney and happy to assist.

You are unfortunately involved in a very imperfect system where the insurance adjusters have much more power and control than they should. If left unchecked you may not receive the medical care and compensation to which you are entitled. You have a right to proper medical care, including full evaluation and treatment of your knee by an appropriate specialist, in addition to compensation for the time you're unable to work, and compensation for any percentage of permanent disability that affects your ability to perform job duties in the future.

It is highly advisable to obtain the services of a local attorney to represent you in this matter. The attorney should specialize in workplace injuries. A good referral source will be your county bar association. There will be no charge for the referral and no cost for the initial consultation with the attorney to whom you are referred. If the attorney takes your case, there will be no out of pocket fees or expenses to pay, either.

I hope this helps. If you need additional information or clarification, just let me know and I'll continue to provide assistance. If I have addressed your issue and/or pointed you in a positive direction, please let me know that, as well.

Also, please remember to leave a positive rating when prompted, as that is the only way attorneys on this site are credited for the help we provide.

Good luck!

Best,

Attorney 1