Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Can you sue the Mayo Clinic? Well I live in New Mexico but…

Customer Question
Can you sue the...

Can you sue the Mayo Clinic?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Well I live in New Mexico but the Mayo Clinic I attend is in Arizona?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am supposed to have a kidney transplant there, however the doctors keep postponing being put on UNOS because they keep forgetting to tell me about tests that I have to do before that happens. I'm 26 years old and I'm trying everything in my power to do this before I need dialysis and I feel like they are jeopardizing my health

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/6/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need. I am also happy to continue online.

You can sue for malpractice if you can prove they have breached the standard of care the healthcare provider owes you and show damages proximately caused by the breach.

While it is not required that you have an attorney, it is certainly recommended and it should not cost anything upfront because most medical malpractice is done on contingency fee.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys). Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Loren, Attorney