Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

I would like to file an amended complaint adding 4th CAUSE…

Customer Question
I would like to file...
I would like to file an amended complaint adding 4th CAUSE OF ACTION: MALICIOUS PROSECUTION and 5th CAUSE OF ACTION: INTENTIONAL INFLICTION OF EMOTIONAL DISTRESS. My attorney believes that malicious prosecution is meant only for law enforcement, prosecutors and the like. He also believes for INTENTIONAL INFLICTION OF EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, I must have had an emotional breakdown or at the very least seen a shrink. Please find attached complaint give me your opinion.
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
8/27/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
Lawyer is wrong on both grounds. Malicious prosecution can be pursued in a Civil case and often done in a new case after winning an earlier one. Emotional harm claims need a showing of injury and normally evidenced by medical bills, therapy etc. Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Do you believe that Malicious Prosecution should be removed from the filing and another civil complaint filed if the current action is successful?Neither me nor my wife have medical bills for any therapy. Do you believe an action for emotional harm will be of no avail?Please see the PDF attached earlier.
I would wait on the malicious claim. I would not pursue an emotional harm claim without injury backed by bills or therapy.
Good luck.
Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"
Is that clear?
Infolawyer, Attorney