Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

My Statute of Limitations from a medical battery that

Customer Question
culminated in multiple surgeries was...
My Statute of Limitations from a medical battery that culminated in multiple surgeries was three years and one month. I was given a behavioral health disorder and physical disability. Anyway that I can account for the one month?
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/18/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

The statute of limitations for medical malpractice is actually just one year in most cases, though it can be extended to three years. With regard to extending beyond three years, this is what the actual statute says:

"In no event shall the time for commencement of legal action exceed three years unless tolled for any of the following: (1) upon proof of fraud, (2) intentional concealment, or (3) the presence of a foreign body, which has no therapeutic or diagnostic purpose or effect, in the person of the injured person."

Unfortunately, the fact you had a health disorder and physical disability would not fall within any of these three exceptions. So, I'm afraid that there would not typically be any way around the limitations period for an individual in your circumstance.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Hello, just a friendly reminder to please kindly rate my service to you if I have answered your question here and you do not have any followup questions. Rating is the only way that I am compensated for my work and so is greatly appreciated. Thank you and best wishes.

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney