Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Thanks for your time to review my plan and hopefully advise…

Customer Question
Hello, and thanks for your...
Hello, and thanks for your time to review my plan and hopefully advise on, not represent I understand this. I have studied, hundreds of hours over the years, and lately things are clicking so I am going to try this, mostly on my own.I have drafted 5 complaints, all unlimited, 4 of them for DEFAMATION PER SE, pray for damages, costs,punitve no less $25,500 each co worker and 1 for wrongful termination on the company pray for pray for damages, costs,punitve no less $102,000.My thoughts are if I file seperate complaints. Chances are the 4 more than likely won't be able to conspire a story to stick too and I can beat them one at a time as soon as I get discovery against the company phone and email records to put together a time line of events.I also need the company discovery to get their last name, full names, I only know their first names. So citing ficticious name clause to ammend later. which brings another question? since i know their first names, on the complaint is this ok(firstname i know)TYLER DOE;
Defendant,or Do I have to file 1 complaintTHE COMPANY;
JOHN DOES 1-4;
Defendants,I already drafted 5 complaints, 5 summons, pos cover sheet and dispute resolutioninjunction demand is the company must give me good reference, and somehow be barred from anything that in any way shape or form could be negative, to a potential new employer, any thoughts?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
To summarize,
1. is it ok that i file 5 independent complaints
2. if so, can i list on each complaint the 1 ficticious name, (firstname i know) DOE, so 4 compaints 1 with JAMES DOE, defendant, 1 with JASON DOE,defendant, 1 with JERRY DOE, defendant and 1 with JOSE DOE, defendant.
3. Any further quick thoughts that may be handy.I went cheap on this, because I need a good answer, probably someone that really wants to help, doesn't care about $$ so much. I have every intention of tipping for a solid reply.
Answered in 4 days by:
8/5/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Andrew, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Andrew
Andrew, Attorney

Hello I am a licensed practicing attorney with 20 years’ experience hopefully I can help with your problem. Please give me a moment to review and respond to your question.

So you would file just one complaint. Since I am assuming that these matters are related what would happen if you filed 5 separate lawsuits is that they would all be joined in to one suit anyways. This will save you a lot of money filing fees as well. List the people that you don't know as John Doe 1 John Doe 2 etc., don't put Tyler Doe, James Doe. You only need to issue one summons at the time that you file because you don't know the identity of the other parties that you intend to sue. You can serve discovery requests with the complaint and ask for the identities of the other defendants in these requests in the form of interrogatories (questions they have to answer) or document production requests. Once you get the identity of the other defendants get the summons issued in their names and have them served.

If you have any other questions please let me know otherwise just accept my answer and enter a rating. I would love 5 stars. Thanks!

Is there anything else I can help with? If not just accept and rate my answer. 5 stars is appreciated. Thanks!

Andrew
Andrew
Andrew, Attorney