Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Last year, I had a gastroenterologist consult for upper

Customer Question

Last year, I had a gastroenterologist consult for upper right abdominal pain. The doctor ordered several tests - including a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis - and the radiologist only noted there were 2 benign cysts on the kidneys and everything else was normal. A day after receiving the test results, I landed in the ER with severe lower right back pain. The ER doctor only performed bloodwork and urine tests - no scans and no treatment was ordered. I was asked to follow-up with my primary who referred me to my OB/Gyn since she suspected an ovarian cyst. The gynecologist did a pelvic ultrasound but did not see any signs of a cyst, but I was scheduled for exploratory surgery for endometriosis. Upon inspection, the OB/Gyn noted a large, baseball sized cyst and promptly drained it and excised the surrounding tissue, leaving the ovary intact. Recently, I had another CT scan done for an unrelated matter and asked for the copy of my old CT. Upon reviewing it, I noted a large pocket of fluid in my right ovary (you could see it plain as day on the scan) but it was not noted in the results. I reported right sided discomfort so I was angry when I discovered this finding! I have an appointment with my OB/Gyn next month and plan to bring the CT scan to him for his opinion. I was wondering, would it be worth suing the radiologist who read the scan for gross negligence? I lost many hours of work and had piles of medical bills from the consults, ER visit, and surgery expenses. I know it would have inevitably ended up with the same result, but I'm angry that the cyst was not reported as an incidental finding!
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Legal Eagle replied 2 months ago.

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. Additionally, Most people believe a phone call is the easiest and most efficient way to handle problems. Accordingly, you will receive an automatic phone call request. If you would like a phone call, please click “Accept” when prompted.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.