Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I was at a truck stop trying to get fuel and tires checked…

I was at a...

I was at a truck stop trying to get fuel and tires checked and was verbally abused

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the truck?

I was in Leary,TX. It's a 2016

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

No it just happened today

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I called customer service and they contacted the store, then the employee came out and verbally abused me

After I called cooperate and spoke with customer service. The technician came up to my truck and asked me if I was the f**king bitch that called cooperate, I just got back from a repair in Broken Arrow,OK. When I get done with this f**king truck I'll give you all the Goddamn service you need. Then I went in and spoke with Joshua the shift leader
7/16/2017
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Generally, with respect to verbal abuse, the available claim against someone is for the tort of intentional infliction of emotional distress. The elements of the tort are: 1) the defendant acted intentionally or recklessly; 2) the defendant's conduct was extreme and outrageous; 3) the conduct caused the plaintiff emotional distress; and 4) the emotional distress was severe. "Extreme and outrageous" conduct means conduct "so outrageous in character, and so extreme in degree, as to go beyond all possible bounds of decency, and to be regarded as atrocious, and utterly intolerable in a civilized community." If you were to sue in small claims court for this behavior, it would generally be a decision by the judge as to whether the conduct was extreme and outrageous, and will depend on what was said and how it was said.

Ok that you it just let me know people can come up to you and say anything to you and get away with it

You are welcome. I hope this has been helpful. If so, please remember to provide a positive rating to accept my answer!

No thanks I don't have $5
I don't have $59

I will be reporting your account.

Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney