How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dylatess Your Own Question
Dylatess, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  For over 36 years, I have been providing legal advice.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom has been diagnosed with copd and lung cancer. Can she

Customer Question

My mom has been diagnosed with copd and lung cancer. Can she sue?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Ohio
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: No as far as what
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She smoked for 37 years she quit 5 years ago.
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Dylatess replied 10 days ago.

Your Mom needs to first apply for Social Security Disability benefits. She can do this at any SSA office. Once she is approved, she needs to find a personal injury attorney to determine if she can be part of a class action to sue. But my getting SSD benefits, will first prove that she is disabled.