Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

My hair is burned from my procedure at Visible changes. Min

My hair is burned from...
My hair is burned from my procedure at Visible changes.
JA: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?
Customer: Min result the had to cut all my burned hair
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: I am still left with burned hair. I am very upset.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't stop crying since yesterday
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/25/2017
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Ok thanks

Good afternoon,

It sounds like you're asking what legally can be done in this situation. First, if you haven't done so already, you need to let the business know about what happened and see if you can work out some kind of resolution with them. If you cannot reach resolution with the business directly, you can sue them for damages. Damages would include the cost of the procedure, cost of any medical bills not covered by insurance (if you needed medical treatment for burns, for example) and the cost to fix your hair (e.g., if you needed to buy a wig or undergo a procedure to regrow your hair).

The stylist left me under the dryer for a long time. My head was burning. My daughter saw smoke coming off my hair when I got out of the hair dryer.
They said it was my fault and not theirs.

Okay, so then it sounds like they aren't going to negotiate a fair resolution with you. To propose that it is your fault is ridiculous though. You were under the machine and trusted them to do their jobs properly. Beyond that, this is clearly negligence - as a customer, the business has a duty to you to do their jobs properly, and they breached that duty by leaving you under the machine too long. But for them doing so, you would have not suffered damages, and of course the damage is all of the burned hair.

I think you have a good basis for a lawsuit based on these facts.

yesterday they did not charge me for the inconvenience. Does that change any thing?

Well, you couldn't sue for the cost of the services, but you may still have other damages -e.g., medical costs from the burns and/or the cost to fix what they did.

My scalp didn't get burned but all my hair did.
Honestly emotionally I am a disaster.
My hair were my pride and joy. They were my asset.
I loved my hair.

It's very hard to sue for emotional damages, because a court cannot compensate a person for their feelings. It's very subjective. Proving emotional distress is difficult - it's much more than being upset, crying, etc. A person generally has to have severe emotional damages - diagnosed PTSD or other mental conditions, treatment by a doctor and/or therapist, etc. From these limited facts it doesn't sound like this is a case of emotional distress.

RobertJDFL, Attorney
RobertJDFL, Attorney