Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
10285032

How do I claim injury due to smoking for 53 years from

Customer Question

How do I claim injury due to smoking for 53 years from basically 29 years with RJ Reynold's WINSTONs and 23 years on KentII by ITG brands? My injury is severe COPD with oxygen!
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Presently in WV, but most of smoking periods were OHIO, INDIANA ,Pennsylvania, Michigan residences while working
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Not by me.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am 79 and in severe prognosis from smoking . Have had all 4 major Arterial arteries catheterized, a cat scan, lung x- Rays too with no coronary artery build-ups , and No cancer. All Evidence said to be due to over 50 years of smoking!
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If your doctor is reporting in your records that your medical conditions are caused by tobacco, then you will need to file a lawsuit against the tobacco company in the state you reside in. You would need a local tobacco litigation attorney, which you can get in WV or even in a neighboring state, since these cases go to federal court typically. The value of the suit will be based on the severity of your conditions according to your medical records.
We are forbidden by state law from taking cases from this site for representation, but you can find a local tobacco lawyer at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.superlawyers.com (copy and paste the links do not click on them as the site has a technical issue with links).
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.