Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am wondering about a good affirmative defense to a summons

Customer Question

i am wondering about a good affirmative defense to a summons and complaint i received stating that i am being sued by a hospital i made 2 visits to about 2 years ago. i have not paid the medical bills because they did not help me. they ran expensive tests rather than reasonable and common ones in order for their financial gain. i had to go to a seperate doctor in order for my very common medical issue to be solved.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: michigan
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: they filed a summons and complaint against me. i am drafting an answer to that right now.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: well when i went to the hospital they were giving me MRIs and other expensive blood tests, when all i needed was an STD screening.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

The only think I could think of is: Billed for unnecessary tests.

Goodluck with your case,