Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
10285032

My friend got arrested in march the police officer that

Customer Question

ok my friend got arrested in march the police officer that arrested him used essesive force n put the cuffs on him to thight he asked if they can be fixed n they didnt now he is having problems with his hands he has nerve damage cant grit his hand and both hands are in brace can he do anything for this not to happen again he is in kansas seneca
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: seneca kansas this happend March 18th
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: he wants to sue
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: he is currently in coustedy in nemaha county
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to file suit against the officers for excessive force he will need to have medical treatment for his injuries to document the nature, cause and extent of the injury. If the doctor confirms the injury was caused by the tight handcuffs or improper application of the handcuffs, your friend will need a local personal injury attorney to file suit against the department for the injuries caused by their officers. You can help your friend get a personal injury attorney at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.superlawyers.com and they will have to go meet with him in custody to begin getting sufficient information from him to file suit.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.