Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Is this free of charge, How much do i pay u, I am disabled.

Is this free of...

Is this free of charge

Lawyer's Assistant: The Lawyer's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

How much do i pay u

Lawyer's Assistant: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.

I am disabled. And my former town figured out a way to make my physical pain worse, with their vehicles. Do i have any rights for mental emotional physical pain. I let the bank take my home just to get away from the problems.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

They used their vehicles excessive noise etc. texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I called the police once or twice but the problem didnt stop

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have been harassed slandered and bullied in my hometown for many years and it all started with frat boys

4/13/2017
Maverick
Maverick, Attorney

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Texas allows you to file a claim for what is known as intentional infliction of emotional distress. The elements of that tort are: 1) the defendant acted intentionally or recklessly; 2) the defendant's conduct was extreme and outrageous; 3) the conduct caused the plaintiff emotional distress; and 4) the emotional distress was severe. SEE Hoffmann--La Roche Inc. v. Zeltwanger, 144 S.W.3d 438, 447 (Tex. 2004)

"Extreme and outrageous" conduct means conduct "so outrageous in character, and so extreme in degree, as to go beyond all possible bounds of decency, and to be regarded as atrocious, and utterly intolerable in a civilized community. Conduct that does not rise to the level of conduct actionable includes insensitive or even rude behavior, mere insults, indignities, threats, annoyances, petty oppressions, or other trivialities. SEE GTE Sw., Inc. v. Bruce, 998 S.W.2d 605, 611 (Tex. 1999).

You can also sue for defamation. It would be best to hire a local defamation law attorney to assist you with both of these claims so that you do not lose on a procedural or evidentiary technicality. If you have a good case, these lawyer should be willing to take it on a 33% to 45% contingency fee basis. I would think twice before hiring a lawyer who wants to charge you an hourly fee or asks you for more than a $5,000.00 retainer for costs.

Note: Just Answer’s site disclaimer apply to all services including premium services. This information may not be correct, complete or reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction. Please do not act or fail to act based on it alone. Most follow-up questions are answered within 24 hours. Please assign a feedback rating when we are done so JA will pay me. Thank you.

P.S. Please remember to assign a positive feedback rating on this. Without that, I am not paid by Just Answer. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your help!

Is there some reason you are not able to assign a feedback rating? Look for the option to select 3, 4, 5 stars on your screen. Thank you.

Maverick
Maverick, Attorney