socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

Ms.: Upon the recommendation of too many, I'm actually

Hi Ms. Wilson: Upon the recommendation of too many, I'm actually thinking about the idea, if realistic, of filing my first lawsuit (I'm 60) based on three months of horrific dental work, but how do I condense 19 visits and all the crazy things that have happened. Bad root canals, perforated molar, unnecessary extraction, abscess and bone loss ( the is only one tooth). Second tooth had crown, tooth was immediately sore, then broke off two days later, then pinned, then the pin broke, another abscess and new bone loss, still in pain, over 60 shots in my mouth. My crown dentist was fired a week after he did my crowns with no buildups. My dental assistant warned me directly about what had happened. I now have a missing upper tooth, an incredibly sore jaw, have taken 45 days of amoxycilin. Left dentist and thankfully have had support from endodontist and periodontist who have tried to correct my issues. It's been crazy. The dentist I left was actually defensive, telling me that is why there are specialists to help when things go wrong – Huh? Whew – better stop and I'm a mellow guy. While I just want to feel better, when my endodontist told me she spoke with dentist who did work and slammed her for shoddy standards for procedure, it made me want to shut her practice down, or at least get the word out. Really, I need to heal and it's not over, but should I just go to one of my local personal injury guys – hate the billboard ads – or speak with a more refined and established practice? Thanks for reading and happy to compensate. Spencer
JA: I'm trying to find the right Lawyer for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know. Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?
Customer: Poughkeepsie, New York area
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Nothing – just listening to my family, friends and my endodontist and periodontist who are surprisingly vocal about the work done. Again, I don't have the energy now, but this dentist needs to be reprimanded.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, thanks. Never hired an attorney for something like this and if I do, I want to make sure I make smart decisions – hire the right kind of attorney, not an ambulance chaser. Heck, can you actually even sue a dentist for shoddy work. That's it. Much appreciated!!!!!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Missed your question about records. I have some film and X-rays showing a botched double root canal that perforated tooth and then abscessed. But no, not gone and retrieved any records and all x-rays. I do have the emails reminding me of all the appointments. The money I've spent too that was so unnecessary – it's crazy. I know – need to get records, but don't want to step foot in her office. Again, I'm in pain, and trying to work and deal with VIP clients with a hole in my mouth. Enough.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I've had so many X-rays the past three months, I'm glowing. Been thinking about all these X-rays and my sore jaw and....

You've provided a lot of info, however, I need you to please ask a specific question so that I can "Justanswer." I don't want to go off on a tangent discussing something about which you have no interest.

Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry – based on my rambling comments, do you think an attorney would find my "case" worthy of pursuing? Or, as I would guess, would he/she first need to speak with me, all parties involved, see all records and X-rays before deciding whether to take the case? Thanks.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's okay. I'm in pain and not up to this now, but thanks. I will pay you for your help, or guessing my card is charged. All for now.

Okay, thanks.

Medical/Dental malpractice cases are all about what an expert witness physician/dentist would say about the defendant professional's work. If your lawyer can find an expert witness who will produce a report and testify that the defendant dentist is a hack, then you have a case! Simple as that.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

(posted in error -- please disregard)