Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

I filed a petition against a utility company which they

Customer Question
answered a year later out...
I filed a petition against a utility company which they answered a year later out of time frame. In their answer they stated that I committed a crime by defrauding the State of New Jersey out of money and further stated I admitted to representatives of their company that I did it and how I did it. It is totally false and has caused me a great deal of stress and anxiety which has effected my health. They never answered interrogatories, which I sent to them certified return receipt, in the proper time frame which addressed this matter. Do I have an action for defamtion, etc. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
11/10/2016
Personal Injury Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney

Hi Lance,

I am very sorry to hear about this. In general, in order to sue for defamation you have to prove that a false statement of fact was made to a third party and that the statement caused you to suffer financial losses. Here, the false statements were made to you, but there is no evidence they were made to any third party. Moreover, although the statements caused you stress and anxiety, it doesn't appear that you suffered any financial losses (i.e. the loss of a job), so you would typically be lacking the damages component as well. So, I must be honest and tell you that the facts you describe would not typically give rise to a defamation claim. I hope this answers your question and that you appreciate my candor.

If I can clarify anything at all for you, please do not hesitate to ask. It is my pleasure to assist you further if necessary....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will call you at normal business hours
Thank you

Unfortunately, I am not set up to accept customer phone calls but I am happy to clarify anything remaining for you here. Please let me know what more I can do for you, if anything.....

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It does say right under your statement below "Want to switch to a live phone call" and pay 59.00 and your saying that your not set up to accept customer phone calls.. So there is a conflict with your service. Therefore, I just wasted my money. Maybe you should refund the money that I just paid for nothing since you don't have all the facts of this case and since we can't talk about them then you should not charge me for anything, since I did not get anything out of this. Thank you.Patrick, Esq.
Personal Injury Lawyer
Unfortunately, I am not set up to accept customer phone calls but I am happy to clarify anything remaining for you here. Please let me know what more I can do for you, if anything.....Want to switch to a live phone call?If you prefer, we can talk live on the phone to make it easier to get all the help you need and ask follow-up questions.Amount: $59 100% Satisfaction GuaranteedCall me
By clicking "Call me" you agree to the additional amount and to credit the Expert
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney