How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey, JD Your Own Question
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 27450
Experience:  17 years of litigation experience.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Zoey, JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was arrested for treating to blow up a nursing home which

Customer Question

I was arrested for treating to blow up a nursing home which I didn't do. I bonded out of jail on 50,000.$ went to court like your supposed to do and was put in jail for 6 months evaluation. Which I passed sat in jail for 6 months. 46 days in holding. After 719 days all charges dropped. No witnesses.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Harassment of Morgan county Missouri. I was only allowed to see my husband while I was in jail had people try to put money on my books the jail was not allowed to tell anyone I was there. Every time something happened In the Town we lived in even with witnesses the county would come pick me up. I took a lie dector test for someone hurting a dog in town while I was taking care of a women with cancer and hadn't left the house. I supposedly kicked a door in on a house that I owned was taken to jail for that. All charges dropped no proof. Harassment of the biggest kind
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 months ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now.

What are you looking to do? Are you asking if you can sue the county?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Government agencies and their employees acting in the course of their business have limited immunity from suit or prosecution. They can only be sued if there is a law that specifically says they can.

In this instance, you're alleging a wrongful detention. That is a violation of your civil rights and, fortunately, you are allowed to sue the county for such a cause of action.

Don't try to do this by yourself. You need the assistance of an experienced lawyer who does civil rights cases. You also
need to move on this quickly, because generally these suits do not have a long shelf life. In many jurisdictions, before you can sue the county you also need to file a notice of claim putting the county on notice that a suit will follow. Sometimes the failure to file such a notice will bar you from being able to sue later on. So you want to find a local civil rights lawyer fairly quickly so that you don't end up missing filing deadlines and jeopardizing your suit.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
After I get a competency letter from doctor for my husband how long does it take to get him out of nursing home with help from protection and advocacy group with a public administrator with proof that he has been competent the whole time
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 months ago.

Sorry, but this is a different question involving a different area of law from what you originally asked. Per site rules, you need to post this as a separate question in a new question thread. Put it in our Legal category where it will have the best chance of finding an expert familiar with dealing with such issues.

Good luck to you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The same county has done all of this
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 10 months ago.

I understand but they are very different legal issues. You asked a question about a false arrest which I answered. Now you're asking about your husband and his competency issues. That's a different area of law which belongs in a different category, and per site rules you need to post it as a new question.