How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 6423
Experience:  20 years professional experience
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I believe I'm not getting my fair amount for my damaged

Customer Question

If I believe I'm not getting my fair amount for my damaged vehicles from insurance company because I didn't file a law suit, what should I do to be rightly compensated?
Submitted: 12 months ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review your inquiry. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 12 months ago.

Normally, the insurance companies do low ball you on the value knowing that most people do not have the time and energy to file a lawsuit for a few hundred or even a couple of thousand dollars difference. Your recourse is to sue or threaten to sue the at fault driver [or your own insurance company if that is who is responsible to pay] for the full value of the property damage without accepting the insurer's settlement offer. This may be done without a lawyer in small claims court. You may need to prove up the value of the car in court by testifying to its NADA value, value, or Kelly Blue Book, etc.

Please Note:

(1) The information I provide is general in nature and for educational purposes only. For example, it may help you identify the scope of receiving unbundled legal services from a local lawyer. It should not be construed as “legal advice” or as the rendition of “legal services” on any subject matter. I am not a specialist in any field. This information may not reflect current legal developments for your specific jurisdiction and is not guaranteed to be correct or complete. No attorney-client relationship is established without a signed written agreement and our communications are not confidential. Please do not act or fail to act based on this information alone. If you need legal advice or services regarding a specific matter, you should consult in-person with a local lawyer who can guide you after reviewing all the pertinent details of your situation. This disclaimer also applies to any telephone communications we may have.

(2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours.

(3) When we are done, please assign a feedback rating.