How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lucy, Esq. Your Own Question
Lucy, Esq.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 29787
Experience:  JA Mentor
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Lucy, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received this email from Erin this morning ... what a

Customer Question

I received this email from Erin this morning ... what a horrific experience for Grant... and Steve.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 2:08 AM
Subject: Re:
To: Tommy & KK
Yeah the whole football weekend sucked big time. Wisconsin was proud and held on even though they lost.
Last night at 845 pm grant and Steve were entrapped in a non ventilated ( zero fan or air movement) elevator in our hotel for over 1 hour and 20 mins. They both passed out from heat exhaustion. Short of the long is the hotel did not respond to alarms or bells and I had to ask for help after 20 minutes of zero response from hotel( they had no idea despite alarms going off!!!. They didn't have elevator staff on site and had to call them in. 40 minutes later after no response from elevator people, and listening to grant and Steve boiling hot in over 105 degrees crying to me through the 20th floor ( I kept going down to each floor to find them) and talk to them- in the elevator and they were overheating, I called 911 for the fire department. Grant and Steve both puked and peed and passed out in the corner of the elevator in each other's arms. There are no vents or anything in this elevator. Anyhow/ fire department got them out. If I had been in there with them, no one would have ever known and we would have had far more serious if not deadly results. I was the only person who knew they wee in there. It was mortifying. When they got them our grant was bright red overheated and Steve was hardly conscious. His shirt was soaked to the point of dropping water when I took his shirt off.
Sent from my iPhone
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 months ago.


I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

The hotel should have taken immediate action to resolve this problem as soon as they were aware of it. Since they negligently delayed in getting those two out of the elevator before injury befell them, they are responsible for the medical bills and any pain and suffering.

Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Did you have any other questions about this?

Related Personal Injury Law Questions