Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

My wife had a stroke 7months leaving her unable to walk.

Here left side is Paralyses....
My wife had a stroke 7months leaving her unable to walk. Here left side is
Paralyses. We got to the hospital early when her symptoms were only weakness in
Her left leg. After a dayof testing she had a TIA so they sent her home
Because it didn't show a stroke. So the stoke came over night and I took her
Back to hospital butby then see could not use her left arm and left.
I understand now they have given her a shot to prevent the stroke from
getting worse and saving her from all the pain and suffering she going thru
now. So it's the hospital Liable for sending her and not treating her properly ?
10/17/2016
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Attorney

Good day, my name is Brandon. Because the nuances of every situation are different, this information should not be relied upon as complete or advice without first consulting in person with counsel. That said, liability is definitely possible. Medical malpractice occurs when the caretaker fails to provide the patient with the ordinary standard of care. Looking at your wife's symptoms and the results, I certainly question whether the hospital acted appropriately, but it's not possible to reach a firm conclusion without examining her health records and having them reviewed by a physician. My recommendation is, as soon as possible, to schedule a free consultation with a local personal injury attorney who can see the records in person. If your wife suffered extra damage as a result of the hospital's malpractice, that could amount to some very serious money, and most personal injury attorneys would be glad to take the case on a contingency fee basis.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In California the medical field has a large influence on cases of malpractice so far no one is willing to take my case .

What have you done to try to find someone to take your case?

I am licensed and practicing in California, by the way.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have called 2 law firms and spoke to the aides who told nd they were unable to take my case. One of the firms was a friends referral.

What type of law did they practice?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They are malpractice lawyers.

What was their explanation for turning down your case?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the laws in Ca. were too heavily weighed against my type of case.

That's not a great explanation, but what they're basically saying is that they believe you don't have a case. I'm not sure what they're seeing that I'm not because I'm not there to talk to you in person, but I would strongly recommend that you contact at least four more law offices that handle medical malpractice before giving up.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try four more lawyers in this area.

If you continue to be turned down, I recommend that you ask for a clear explanation of why there may be weakness in your case.

Brandon M.
Brandon M., Attorney
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Attorney