How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thelawman2 Your Own Question
Thelawman2, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 1387
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Thelawman2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've was in a 10 yr relationship with a man who gave me HPV

Customer Question

I've was in a 10 yr relationship with a man who gave me HPV which lead to uterine cancer 5yrs ago, a few months ago I found out he was and is still cheating on me and gave 3 other women HPV without the cancer, I ended up having 2 major surgeries to get rid of the cancer 1 operation was a complete hystectomy, since finding out about the Narcissistic sociopath he is I want to know can I sue him for pain, suffering and mental anguish? I am currently seeing a therapist because of the head games he played with me.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I live in California
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: I have not filed anything yet, just curious to see if there is anything I can do.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Other than he is playing a dangerous game with the lives of many woman at the same time, and because of him I am seeing a therapist.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 9 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 9 months ago.
you can sue him for damages if he was aware that he had an STD and knowingly transferred it to you without first telling you that he had it. This is also a misdemeanor in California.
I would suggest finding a local personal injury attorney who can take a look at your case for you. They would most likely be willing to take the case on a contingent fee basis
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
he knew he had HPV, he gave it to 3 other women.
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 9 months ago.
Then yes, you can sue him. There have been some very large awards against people transmitting HPV without telling their partners they are infected
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Any recommendations on a lawyer
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry, we are not permitted to give recommendations for specific lawyers. But if you do a simple google search of personal injury lawyers in your area, you should be able to find one who can help you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok , thank you for your help and answering my questions.
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 9 months ago.

You are welcome, please provide a positive rating!