Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

I was in a bar fight two days ago and left after the fight

Customer Question
hi i was in a...
hi i was in a bar fight two days ago and left after the fight stoped, today the cops came at night and took me to the police station they read me my miranda rights and asked me for a statement and i did not provide one......they brought me back home and i want to know what happens next
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/17/2016
Personal Injury Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 1 year ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

I agree with the previous expert's response. What happens next depends on the results of the investigation and what the police find. If they believe that there is not enough evidence for an arrest, then that's the last of it and you shouldn't hear further from them. If they instead have probable cause (a reasonable belief) that you committed a crime, then they will arrest you for being involved in the fight (assault/battery).

If you need clarification about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating. Thank you!

Was there anything I could clarify about my answer or any additional information you needed? If so, please REPLY and I'll be happy to assist further. Otherwise, I would kindly ask that you remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars so that I am paid for my time and assistance. Thank you!

RobertJDFL, Attorney