How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 56821
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I fell off ladder and have ligament damage,i also broke part

This answer was rated:

i fell off ladder and have ligament damage,i also broke part of my bone by my back right ankle.i fell off 6ft ladder in nyc working on a construction project.when i fell the ladder kicked back and i landed on my feet the wrong way with swelling and in alot of pain,what are your thoughts and how could i regain lost wages,i am currently receiving workmens compensation,can i sue the employer or the general contractor
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: nyc
JA: Has anything been filed? If so, what?
Customer: no,not lawyer just as know wanted to get doctors names.i originally had my first surgeon request physical therapy,because he said it could heal on its own,i told him my ankle still feel physical therapy doctor which monitors my progreess recommended a 2nd opinion,which i was happy about.when i went to see the ankle specialist,they said according to my mri report i have damage in 3 locations on my right footi found this interesting in due respect to what i told the first seemed like either he felt confident it would heal on its own and now 9 months later i still uncomfortable.the 2nd opinion doctor pinpointed the problems ans explained it to me,he recommended laser surgury to help correct my problems.i am happy and releaved by his diagnosis.what are your thoughts and advise to my situation,it would be appreciated
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just advise or helpful imformation would be grateful to me,thank you for listening.

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

Workers comp is in place to cover this situation. It comes instead of court action and is a mechanism to avoid employee-employer claims.

You can however pursue non employer claims against other parties who may have contributed to the fall. You may also appeal the workers comp decision where the compensation is not sufficient.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
what could be done about my case,my personal injury lawyer just wanted names of doctors,i do not understand,i tryed to say to him how do we purssue this and what are my rights.i already lost 9 months of work over this work related accident.what are your thoughts and advise,i really need legal advise to help me move forward
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no thanks but thank you anyway.

Again, a claim against an employer cannot proceed where covered by workers comp. As against other parties, you want to collect evidence of negligence, injury, a timelineof events, medical records and push for a settlement with the insurer.

Is that clear, or can I clarify anything else? Please let me know

Please rate me 5 stars.

Infolawyer and 5 other Personal Injury Law Specialists are ready to help you