How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask richanne96 Your Own Question
richanne96, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 340
Experience:  Attorney in private practice in Phoenix, AZ
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
richanne96 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I bought a necklace from a german webshop. That was

Customer Question

I bought a necklace from a german webshop. That was delivered by a chinese company, now I'm injured because of that necklace. Can I sue them?
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  richanne96 replied 10 months ago.

How did the necklace cause you injury?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it was broken , and it was very sharp
Expert:  richanne96 replied 10 months ago.

Whether or not you have a cause of action against the maker of the necklace is going to depend on whether it was defective when you got it, or whether it broke later and injured you because of some accident or similar incident. Also, to sustain a claim, you need to have actual damages, such as you went to the doctor and paid a bill, or you have a permanent scar.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok, but how can I sue them, because it's from Germany
Expert:  richanne96 replied 10 months ago.

If they are on the Web, you can usually find jurisdiction where the Plaintiff is because the Web site will be found to have reached out to the place where the buyer is. When you sell stuff on the Internet, you are pretty much reaching out to every market in the world.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's in Germany, do I have to go to germany or sue them in US
Expert:  richanne96 replied 10 months ago.

You should be able to sue them here because they reached out to the US with their Web site, but serving them may prove to be a problem.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions