Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

I have been sexually violated my by lover. I told him that

Customer Question
I have been sexually violated...
I have been sexually violated my by lover. I told him that we could not have sex without a condom. He took it off, I told him to stop and he proceeded to enter me after I said no. He has inflicted mental health and emotional harm
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
10/11/2016
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your actual question about this for us? Does he have assets and money you can even get any damages from him on a lawsuit? You say lover, are you living together as well?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
he is the British Counsol for NC. We are not living together, but have had a sexual relationship for over 5 years.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
He makes a lot of money getting over on people and I feel as though he got over on me.
Thank you for your reply.
If you told him to stop and he continued against your consent, it could be considered rape. The problem is that these cases are so very difficult to prove in court and if you even one time previously had unprotected sex that could destroy your case. Also, it would be your word against his word as to whether or not you consented and these cases can get quite messy. However, because of his status he could want to keep it quiet, BUT you cannot bring the demands for compensation against him, you would need an attorney to discuss the possibility that you are considering a suit against him for rape and sexual assault. You also would have to go to a psychologist or psychiatrist to examine and treat you for this severe emotional distress to prove your claims as well.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already brought the demands to him when he asked me what I wanted to make it better. I believe he will want to keep this private because he is suppose to be an upstanding citizen. Can you recommend an attorney
Thank you for your reply.
It is likely that he will not really do anything unless he hears from an attorney, but we cannot recommend individual attorneys, the best we can suggest is the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com for a civil litigation attorney near you.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney