How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 116729
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On 29 August 2016 I was in an auto accident while stopped at

Customer Question

On 29 August 2016 I was in an auto accident while stopped at a stop sign waiting to cross a 4 lane hy. Two cars collided into each other on the 4 lane hy and one slid into me and totaled my 2010 Ford Focus. My passenger and I was not injured and walked away with only a minor cut and a banged up knee. We declined any medical attention other than the medical team giving us a look over at the accident site and agreeing with us that it was not anything serious. I was not charged by the State Troopers for anything. I have just talked to my insurance company (State Farm) and they are willing to give me what I consider to be a fair price for my vehicle minus a $500.00 deductable. Nothing else offered by them. They are sending me a fed x package with a POA to send back with my car title. Not sure if anything else will be in there to sign.
I have always heard that in any accident to take pictures (I have) and seek the advice of a lawyer prior to signing anything. Although we were not hurt do we need to consult a lawyer in our state of Tennessee to ensure that we are treated fairly by both insurance company. Thank you, *****
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have no medical injury and they are offering you fair book value for the damage to your car, there is not much else to consider. Without injury all you are entitled to is book value of the car damage. So because of that and because you cannot get any other damages other than that, most attorneys will not take pure property damage cases as they cannot make any fees off of them.
So, if all you have is property damage, you need to just make sure the damage is sufficient to cover your damages based on the car damage repair cost or car value if they are totaling the car.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions