How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 117359
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I contest my illegal detainment?

Customer Question

How can I contest my illegal detainment?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My son is sitting in Pima county jail right now it is his 11th day with no paper work from anyone of an indictment or release they found no evidence on his person of the crime they are accusing him of just hearsay from witnesses that are not creditable
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They appointed him a legal defender that told me "I have 50 clients so when I can get to your son, he can fill you in" I do believe they violated his 4th amendment rights, put an excessive bond on him, and are detaining unlawfully
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your specific question for us regarding his situation? Quite honestly aside from you getting money together to get him a local attorney without using a public defender, there is nothing you can really do until the DA indicts him or files a bill of information, which can take up to 120 days.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok you did answer my main questions so the indictment can take up to 120 days and they cold keep in in jail all this time also
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your reply.
So what other question did you have for us on this?