How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 2185
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We need to have something sent to my sons ex-girlfriend. she

Customer Question

we need to have something sent to my sons ex-girlfriend. she continues to use social media to harass my son. this relationship was very toxic. the emotional damage this girl is caused and continues to cause has gotten to the point we had to have our son seek professional help. it has not only effect my son i too had to see a doctor. her actions have effected our entire family. she was dishonest about being on birth control and ened up pregant and had it terminated in January 2016. at that point she said she had the birth control they place in your arm. well that turned out to be another lie as only 3 weeks later she ended up pregant again. the baby was in destress and the doctors had to terminate that pregnancy at 16 weeks. during all this my son lost his job had to move out because he was showing signs of extreme anger.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: california, she will not stop using social media and contions to post about this last pregnancy . even giving it a full name using our last name . which im aware is legally in california. my son has made great progress and has a full time job but i can slowly see my son falling back into a emotional reck. which has a ripple affect and its effect myself again. i struggled with fertility for years so this is a subject that is very emotional . my son is adopted so this harassment and attacking my sons charactor effects him very deeply.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no ive reached out to her father asking him to please speak with her and ive reached out to her but its only gotten worse. we have 3 kids all three are adopted from social services so im sure you could understand that any emotional distress and anguish is extremely unhealthy
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: i fear that this young lady is so unstable that its concerning she could do physical harm to my son or our home . for example we went to Detroit over the summer and she threaten to slash all his tires on his truck
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for this ordeal your family is going through. I think at this point simple demands will not work. I would suggest filing for a restraining order.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea how to do that and what I would need to show in court . Her stepmother had mention that if I took an legal action I would look like a coldhearted fool . This whole ordeal has put an emotional strain on my marriage and my relationship with our son and has affected our two younger children and I feel like I'm going to have an emotional breakdown myself I really feel like I need Someone to help me with these documents as the emotional strain is taking a physical toll on me and physically making me sick
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

It is not that difficult. If you can afford an attorney that is optimal otherwise you can go to the local court house and they will give you the documentation to file the protective order motion. You would demonstrate the harassing conduct this young lady is taking part in.