Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience in personal injury law.
17897874

My personal injury lawyer asked me to sign a power of

Customer Question

My personal injury lawyer asked me to sign a power of attorney. To make him power of attorney so my medical bills would be paid out. The insurance company has already taken responsible. My question is this standard practice. Or should I say no. Or better yet what are my options. Mind you I live in phoenix Arizona.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Is he going to negotiate the medical liens and insurance lien when the matter settles? If so, then yes, it is standard.

Otherwise, you can decline or limit the POA to just dealing with the insurance company, but so long as he provides documentation that the bills are paid or otherwise resolved, it should not be a problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.