How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Loren Your Own Question
Loren, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 34074
Experience:  30 years experience in personal injury law.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Loren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On May 3rd of 2015 I was on a business trip in PA I fell in

Customer Question

On May 3rd of 2015 I was on a business trip in PA I fell in the city streets due to the holes in the street. I was hurt pretty bad. I have a fracture humus on my right shoulder. I have a plate on my shoulder and rods down my right arm. I did get workman compensation from work. Can I sue the city of PA. I cannot move my arm up to do my hair. I have to do things with my left arm. I am a right hand person. I live in Texas. I want to know if it is possible to sue the city and if so where do I get a lawyer. Texas or Pa?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Yes, a city may be held liable for an injury proximately caused by a failure to maintain the public street or sidewalk.

You would want to retain a personal injury attorney in Pennsylvania, as that is where you would need to sue.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.