How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick, Esq. Your Own Question
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 12493
Experience:  Attorney with significant personal injury experience
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Patrick, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is. I took a Med by the brand Nexium and it

Customer Question

My question is. I took a Med by the brand Nexium and it cause me to have Osteoperuses brittle bones I took it for at least 5 yrs. can you tell me if I have of suing the maker of this nasty med. my name is***** and I live in California Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for entrusting me to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do everything I can to answer your question.

Several lawsuits were filed in California alleging that Nexium posed undisclosed risks of osteoporosis. However, all of these lawsuits failed (see here). They were dismissed on what's called a motion for summary judgment, which is a special motion where the court decides if there is enough evidence to allow the case to be presented to a jury. The court concluded that the plaintiffs lacked any reliable evidence of a connection between Nexium and osteoporosis.

Given that these lawsuits failed, it is highly unlikely that you will find an attorney wiling to go down the same path again. The risk is too great, both in terms of the amount of time the attorney would need to devote to the case, and the amount of money they would need to spend on litigation fees and expert witnesses.

Certainly, you can continue trying to find a lawyer wiling to take your case. But considering the history of tried-and-failed cases based on the same allegation, I think you will have a very hard time finding representation.

I hope that you find this information helpful and am genuinely sorry if it is not what you were hoping to hear. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above and I will be more than happy to assist you further.

If you do not require any further assistance, please be so kind as to provide a positive rating of my service so that I may receive credit for assisting you. Very best wishes moving forward.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I ask another question related to another subject?
Expert:  Patrick, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If the question relates to your original question and is a "followup" question I can address it here and would be more than happy to. Otherwise, though, site rules unfortunately require that new questions be asked in separate question threads.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions