LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience.
15277592

When I go to find an attorney, I am getting turned down a

Customer Question

When I go to find an attorney, I am getting turned down a lot. Most of these personal injury attorneys are saying that it's not an easy case. I'm not sure what to do. If you were me, what would you do if no attorney would take your case but you knew you had one. I mean we had good reason for being on the property, the property did not have any dangerous condition before I entered, I had no notice to prevent it, and the bank knew clearly we were visiting the property as we told them. Not once did they say not to go there. They promised twice to secure the property and never did. It was totally egregious. My wrist was broke badly. The medical bills are coming in and I'm scrambling to make payment agreements and not get bad credit. I have been through rehab but am having another surgery on Monday to remove the hardware that was installed. The hardware is raking my tendons and not allowing me to heal properly. I have thought of taking each medical bill to small claims and seeing if I could win a small claims against the bank and then using that to establish a civil case against them. I just don't know what to do. I have emails between us and the bank and them saying they would secure the property and I have images showing the doors unsecured. I also have the Redding police code enforcement report that shows the doors open and the oil that I slipped on. It shows the post injury scene intact. I have their report and images. And I have images my husband took post injury of the scene with the diesel oil all over. I don't understand why no attorney has taken the case yet.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Having been a personal injury attorney for more than 30 years, and a successful one, my recommendation is that if you have more confidence in the meritorious nature of your case than the attorneys that you are talking to them reach an agreement with them to pay them an hourly fee, or a combination of an hourly fee and a contingency fee---so at least they don't end up doing everything free of charge if the case never is settled are reaches a court judgment.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Doug