How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 42873
Experience:  Texas lawyer for 29 years in personal injury
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My grandchild has been bitten twice this week in a licensed

Customer Question

My grandchild has been bitten twice this week in a licensed daycare. Both times the skin has been broken. She has been taken to the pediatrician and is on antibiotics. The day care said this is normal toddler behavior and are not doing anything. Is there a Texas state law that these incidents should be reported to licensing authorities?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. Here you report this, it may be a lack of supervision.The caretaker needs to keep a better here, it happens but this appears to be reoccurring and it needs to be investigated by day care licensing.They may take action against the day care here for repeated problems like this. If you don't report this then day care licensing does not know there is a problem.Please call them and report this through the hot line. I have worked with child care regulation and they very much depend on you to report this.There are ways the facility can limit these problems.The child here may need to be removed from the facility if they are problematic.I also think the facility here shoudl pay for your medical bills as well. I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
Reference they will take action here if you report it. I am so sorry this happened to your child and more than once.You have rights here to report this and also to have medical bills paid as you can argue negligent care.The childs parents are liable for the actions fo their child as well here in Texas.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
You would have right here to sue parents in small claims for the medical costs, pain and suffering, etc.You can do this pro se without a lawyer.
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 1 year ago.
You can sue here in JP court where you live up to $10k.You may want to file for the full $10k and see what the court awards you here. Sample forms and self help Thanks again if you can positive rate it is much appreciated.