How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Personal Injury Law
Satisfied Customers: 117370
Experience:  Licensed Attorney. Over 20 years experience in personal injury and law enforcement.
Type Your Personal Injury Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Should I sue prednisone the cartilage and bone

Customer Question

Should I sue prednisone for destroying the cartilage and bone destruction in my knees. I had to have a total knee replacement in both knees. I am suffering from a degenerative spine. I had to quit my job because it destroyed my knees. I started king it in 2006. Doctors discovered I had no knees in 2014.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: In 2006 my doctor discovered I had lupus. They prescribed prednisone but did not tell me it was harmful to my skeletal system. Each year I complained about my inability to walk, they prescribed more calcium, vitamin D3, and potassium. They never said anything about prednisone or taking me off it. My gynecologist in 2014 told me prednisone was destroying my body. Three weeks later I got stuck in my car. The ambulance doctor told me to consult another doctor. I didn't know who to call. I prayed about it and the Lord said orthopedic surgeon. I went to an the orthopedic surgeon and he told me I didn't have any kneecaps. He told me prednisone destroyed my bones and cartilage. American Family Care discovered I had a degenerative spine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Personal Injury Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In order to sue the manufacturer, you need a medical expert who is willing to attest that your medical issues have been caused by the manufacturer's medication. If you can prove this through your doctor and the orthopedic surgeon is willing to write an affidavit to this effect and testify, then yes, you have a product liability claim against the manufacturer and could pursue them in court for your damages.

Related Personal Injury Law Questions